Ok, weird toddler thing

My 14 month old, usually when she's falling asleep, lays on her stomach with her arms underneath her and kinda like twists her hips round and round and is almost like "grinding" the floor. It's been a couple of months now, here and there, but the past few weeks, she has been doing it more and more often. Right now, she is wide awake doing it. It's weird and it's making dh super uncomfortable. He calls her "booty shaker" now, lol. Does anyone else's little one do anything like this?

....she's still going

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL. I don't think so......not with a big old diaper on. Huge imagination there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• mine does that every once in a while and let me tell you when we go places and they have those poles well my daughter and her friend will sit there and try to spin around it...and it reminds me of strippers but i know they are just having fun and they havent seen anyone do it so im not worried..i mean if they watched people on television then i would be but my daughter doesnt.....
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 4:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I hate to tell you, but she is masturbating, which IS NORMAL. No cause for alarm. Kids will do what feels good, and masturbating feels good. There is really nothing you can do at this age to make her stop. When she hits about 16-18 months, she understands cause and effect a little better, so you can tell her a teeny tiny white lie, like I did with dd. I told her that if she kept playing with her hootie, it would get a boo-boo(kind of true, touching the vagina with dirty hands, which toddlers ALWAYS have, can cause bacterial vaginosis, a UTI, or yeast infection) Good luck sweetie, and DON'T TELL DH! He'll freak. LOl Mine sure did...
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• But she's wearing a big old diaper! She can feel it through that? She is still going! Now I'm really disturbed! I definitely won't tell dh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree with mama2christ. And the diaper gives here something to grind on. She does'nt know any better right now, it just feels good. Don't be too concerned thought it won't hurt her or make her whorish or anything like that. I would ask here thought , "honey, what are you doing?"
    tweeta

Answer by tweeta at 5:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Well, she's not much of a talker yet. She only says about 8 words, so she clearly wouldn't be able to respond even if I did. She is sleeping again. How weird and icky. I definitely won't be telling anyone about this. She just woke up and now she's doing it again! YUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• DS is 14 months old and does that every now and then. it feelss good to him so cant blame him really.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• FYI...I wouldnt ask her what she was doing....maybe just some redirection so eventually she learns not to do it in front of people. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• its normal. Just tell her to do it in her room and not around people. My 2 year old is loving him so weenie time here lately. He does all kinds of weird stuff. Pulls on it, and just plain won't leave it alone, esp when he's getting sleepy. Its just a phase and all kids do for the most part. Just don't make it a big deal and it won't be. She'll outgrow it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2009