my lower back is killing me is this a sign of labor

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be.

Answer by louise2 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• no and yes.....
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 4:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• depends on the pain...could just be the baby pushing on your back which would have nothing to do with you going into labor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My labor pains felt like really bad cramps in my lower pelvis. It's a wonder my first child wasn't born in the toilet because I thought I had to poop and I thought must have been having a stomach virus. My back only ached because my stomach was so big and that was after I got to be around 8 months. So it is probably not labor.
    tweeta

Answer by tweeta at 4:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Not really. It might be a sign that baby is in a position and pressing into your back, or moving positions. Or that you have a sciatic nerve pinching. Or relaxin is doing it's thing to loosen ligament. Or that your uterus is heavy and belly is pulling forward~ your back compensates, it hurts.
    I guess there are a few possibilities.

Are you having contractions with the back pain? How severe is it?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2009