I received a rejection letter for a job, but I am qualified. I need help replying back to the company

THEIR LETTER:

Thank you for your interest in the Accounting position. We are writing to you today to let you know you have not been selected to participate in the interview process. We received many applications, and selected interview candidates based on a range of criteria including (but not limited to) overall work experience, proficiency with Quickbooks and Excel, complexity of accounting experience, and experience in a manufacturing environment.

MY DRAFTED REPLY:

Thank you so much for your reply. I would like to point out my skills and background further; It may help to include me in your interview process. I have 15-years of overall work experience in accounting & bookkeeping. My MSExcel experience is atleast 10-years, and my Quickbooks experience is about 5-years. I have never had an accounting/bookkeeping position that did not involve solving complex issues.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• The letter is OK. BUT...I would call the HR department instead and ask if there was anything in particular that you lacked, and if they will keep you in mind for future positions.

Also ask for REFERRALS.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2009