I received a rejection letter from a company, but I am completely qualified.

THEIR LETTER:

Thank you for your interest in the Bookkeeper position. We are writing to you today to let you know you have not been selected to participate in the interview process. We received many applications, and selected interview candidates based on a range of criteria including (but not limited to) overall work experience, proficiency with Quickbooks and Excel, complexity of accounting experience, and experience in a manufacturing environment.

MY REPLY:

Thank you so much for your reply. I would like to point out my skills and background further; It may help to include me in your interview process. I have 15-years of overall work experience in accounting & bookkeeping. My MSExcel experience is atleast 10-years, and my Quickbooks experience is about 5-years. I have never had an accounting/bookkeeping position that did not involve solving complexed issues. In addition,............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• It is one of my talents.

Most recently, while employed with XXXX company. My day-to-day duties were problem solving. I assumed the role of a researcher and auditor.

Furthermore, I worked at xxxx company from 1996-1999. It is a manufacturing machine shop that made custom-made parts. While there, I obtained the experience in job costing, and pricing.

I hope this information helps. I pasted my resume below for your further review.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PERSUADE THEM TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT MY RESUME? THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO REPLY.K
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• unfortunately, some jobs are mainly gained by networking. Probably what happened in this situation. Someone new someone on the inside. Don't stop looking. It is OK to see if you can make contact with the manager that is hiring or someone in the personnel office and speak to them directly. Sometimes when we want something we have to be bold about it.
    tweeta

Answer by tweeta at 4:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• They have made their decision so all you can do is pick your head and continue looking for a better opportunity, calling them or sending them emails to try and convince them farther more that you're qualified isn't really going to get you any farther than you are now.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• It is a form letter. You can certainly ask what skills or qualifications you lack that the candidate that they choose has.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• you could be overqualified
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• They probably had at least a dozen other applicants with the same qualifications, or better ones. Right now (in case you haven't noticed) the job market is EXTREMELY competitive. The job I just got, I beat out over 200 other applicants for - and I live in a town of 10,000 people. A family friend is an HR manager at a plant in Utah - where unemployment rates are not bad. They had 14 labor positions open, they had over 3,000 people apply within the state, and over 11,000 applications submitted from out of state.

Chances are they likely had someone more qualified than you apply. In fact, they probably had a LOT of people who had more experience than you apply. You can push for it (that's how I got my job), but I'd try and do so in not such a pushy manner. Just call and talk to HR for a few minutes, chat about the position, but also ask how they're doing.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 10:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I suggest leaving them alone, the more you bother them the less likely they are to interview you now or later. There are plenty of people out there looking for work that they can hire that isn't trying to persuade them to set up an interview. You are making yourself seem desparate and employees don't like that. You may be very qualified and you may be overqualified. It is one thing to follow up on the application process or after an interview but it is another to try and "persuade" someone to give you an interview.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Changes are, they already selected someone else and there is nothing you can do. No reason to beat a dead horse here. You don't want to work for a company that you had to convience them to hire you like this, anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Don't take it personal. Sounds like a form letter that they send to everyone that applied after they select someone. Just keep plugging away. Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2009