Websites

i sign up for a whole bunch of websites and now my little step daughter wants to too!i was thinking about leting her if she gives me all the passwords and i can check them whenever and see what shes doing on there and also she has to add me as a friend too.what do you think?

extra details:
shes 7 years ol and the only thing she has so far is myspace!and she is really good at working a computer even though shes 7(she probably got it from her daddy)and i dont want her to go behind my back and get one like i did to my mother when i was a kid!

JessiAndMyAnty

Asked by JessiAndMyAnty at 4:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• IMO at 7 she's too young to be apart of any social networking site. Her mind shouldn't even be geared towards that...what about pbskids.org or something educational?
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 5:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If it's anything one needs to sign into, either say NO or only YOU have the passwords - don't let her have them. Social networking though - no way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I don't know if I would let either of my children do that.I don't want to let them have a MySpace account at all.They can meet creepy people on there.If you do so then you have the passwords to the sites.You/So let her on there when she asks.Monitor what she is looking at and who she is talking to at all times.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• She's your STEP daughter HELL NO you shouldn't be allowing her to sign up for anything.

As for her going behind your back SHE IS 7 you should be monitoring every thing she does on the computer so there is no possibly way for her to be going behind your back.

Why the hell does she have a myspace? There is absolutely no reason for a 7 year old girl to have a myspace page.

If my son's step mom was letting him do all this crap on the computer quite frankly i'd be on her ass.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• There is NO reason a 7 yr old needs a MySpace, NONE whatsoever. There are plenty of kidfriendly websites that she can play on. She is your stepdaughter so you have no right getting her a MySpace. Educational or kids sites are ok but not MySpace or anyother site like that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i dont agree w/ you at all. shes way too young .
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My daughter is 7yrs old and I would never allow her to have myspace. Myspace isn't for children. There are websites out there for kids, for a reason. My daughter has her own computer, that daddy built and designed for her for xmas 2yrs ago. Which has the internet on it as well. But she only has her cd games on there and websites that mommy and daddy allow. And she needs a password that only we know to get into any websites.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Have you thought about maybe a webkinz or something. you can get a lot of children's toys (webkinz, littlest petshop, & neo pets to name a few) where kids can take care of their little animals, earn web money that they can use ONTHAT SIGHT to buy clothes and furniture, and they have little socializing rooms where they can use predesigned Q's to talk to people. And I KNOW webkinz just added a way to have like a myspace type page! My girls are 8 & 9 and there is NO WAY they would be on myspace or facebook or any site where an adult can get to them easily!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I would love your feedback on a program I am helping to develop. CarrotSticks is an on-line game designed to help kids gain conceptual understanding in math, while practicing in an safe on-line environment with their peers. We hope to make it easier for parents to motivate their children to learn math, while providing a social and engaging experience.
    tottote

Answer by tottote at 11:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009