Make-up Help

I know absolutely nothing about make-up. What is a primer? Base? What do I use to cover my under eye bags and dark circles? Should my eyeshadow match what I'm wearing? Any other advice?

lilshortie415

Asked by lilshortie415 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Oh boy. You don't know much! LOL Okay that sounded snarky sorry! Good thing you've got me.
    PM me with a picture of your face, without any makeup, one with hair in it's normal style, glasses if you wear them, and one with out anything, and hair pulled back. i'll let you know what you need to wear and how to apply it.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Go to Sephora, or any make up counter. You can get a makeover; they will pressure you to buy, but you are not obligated.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I love sephora! it will become your best friend
    Lydiasmom1402

Answer by Lydiasmom1402 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Primer is a girls best friend. It goes on under your makeup to help it stay put and to keep you from looking shiny. I sell Avon and Magix Face Perfector is great. You can also get it in tinted if you don't need much coverage and use it instead of base. Now base if your actual liquid or mousse makeup that you apply to your whole face. It evens out your skin tone and hides blemishes and imperfections. Ideal Shade is my current favorite one by Avon. As for your eye makeup matching your clothes I suggest wearing what flatters your face more so than your clothing. It depends on your eye color as to what shades will look best on you. Anew under eye concealer is amazing! It hides puffiness and blackness but also hides signs of aging! If you'd like to try these out go to www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping! I'm also doing a special first ten people to buy from my website tonight get a free lip balm
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Bare Minerals will take care of any foundation needs. Wear a rosey blush to give you some color and stick with neutral eyeshadows. A nice light brown or taupe shade with a little mascara or add a little pencil liner for more drama. Lipstick is pretty too---stick with a nice rose shade.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Sep. 14, 2009