please give me some advice or SOMETHING.

Okie dokie before we begin...NO BASHING.

Alright, I will be 27 weeks pregnant tomorrow (woo-hoo!)
& me & my sons father are married & split up.
(We are divorcing when the baby gets here.) I am 16, he is 20.
Yes I am with another man now & he brings in 10 grand a month, as for baby daddy he doesn't bring in much. Maybe 750 a week or two.
Anyway,
I was wondering if we go to court AFTER the baby is here how do we pick who he goes home with??
I'm breast feeding by the way.

I mean, with no court orders deciding on custody,
How is that going to work out?? ( Like where the baby stays during all the court hearings & things like that)
I live in texas also.

Thanks ladies & sorry the whole "question(s) are kinda scattered & messy.

brookethomas

Asked by brookethomas at 5:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• The baby will generally go home with mom, unless there is a real good reason otherwise. If you are EBF, that usually works to your advantage. In this case, it's not common for any long, or overnight visits to be granted for quite sometime. I mean, you are the baby's source of food, so they can't really separate you for too long.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• By the way I am emancipated & live with the man that I was talking about that brings in 10 grand.
    & the baby's daddy lives with his sister, who he has admitted that she does drugs.
    (I have the txt to prove it)
    brookethomas

Answer by brookethomas at 5:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Unless there is a court order stating diffrently the baby will go home with you dear. During the custody hearing the child will remain with you unless he can prove you to be unfit. I'm not absolutely sure so if I were you I'd make sure to talk to a professional about it.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Baby goes with you unless he proves you to be an unfit mother.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 5:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2009