Any information Re: Dealing With a harrasing Boss

I've worked for my boss for the past 10 years putting trailors in a warehouse door to be loaded. Because I work with all men It can be trying when I'm expected to work like a man but want to be treated like a woman. I really love my job and for the most part the guys treat me great. Very rarely do I have to tell them they're being harrasing or going over board. Usually when I do they are quick to back off. Its not my co-workers I'm having a problem with though. Its our supervisor.
Friday one of the guys went a little to far. After several times of telling him to stop I finally told him in front of my Boss that if it didn't stop we would have to talk to someone "up front" meaning HR. My boss went off asking how dare I threaten one of his mechanics. Then he began mentioning everything I had done in the past 10 years. Some which honestly wasn't always approriate on my part. Any suggestions on how I can deal with this?

CKasting

Asked by CKasting at 5:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Name the boss in a complaint as trying to deny a situation. The company doesn't want a lawsuit and boss man can lose his job. Does he think his neanderthal opinion is worth losing his job? I bet not. What is being done is wrong. It's against the law. Report it so they will stop.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Report it of course, If needed seek legal services, our company would be happy to help people in situations like this.

You can view our plans by clicking here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• What rkoloms said and IragiVetWife would be helpful too. I would document everything that happens. Dates, times and situation. Get as much detail as possible. Names of witnesses, etc. It sounds like the guys sometimes treat you like one of the guys and just need reminders. I worked in a parts department of a car dealership and that is how they treated all of us women and they knew not to cross the line. Good luck!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I s this sexual harrassment? If so Document and do your part of telling everyone above your boss. Also, document everything. All instances and dates and if anyone was around (noone will back you but still) I was sexually harrassed at work. I ended up sueing and won.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2009