How can i get my daughter to sit down in the bathtub?

My daughter is 14 months old. She is starting to walk...a couple steps here and there... but for the last 3 months or so we can not get her to sit in the tub. She wants to stand and I am afraid that she will get hurt. does anyone else have this problem?

71308

Asked by 71308 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Perhaps put some toys in the tub that make her sit in order to play with them. Other than that, I'd say bathe her standing. As long as she has a non-slip mat that she is standing on, and you are right there bathing her, she'll be safe, and you may actually get her to shower, which would be nice. Our showers have those hose things that you can pull down to shower a little one, and there are also shower hose things that attach to a tub faucet.

Answer by Bmat at 5:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My daughter is 11.5 months and stands while i bathe her too. they make bath seats that suction to the tub that you can put your baby legs through.
    http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=5427&ic=48_0&search_query=bath+seat&Find.x=18&Find.y=12
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My daughter is doing that too,but she is older (20 months old).I give her toys that make her sit to play with them.I put a washcloth under her feet that way she wont slip.I give her a shower sometimes too.Other then that I sit her down when she stands up.My daughter has slipped before and it was so terrifying.She had a big bruise on her hip too.I'm just happy that she didn't brake anything or worse.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Try giving her toy cars on the tub. It might help her sit while she plays with them :]
    Luzbeth

Answer by Luzbeth at 7:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• try sitting in the tub with her. and like the other moms said try some toys.. bath mats are the best my son it 2 and stands in the tub, but he is scaird of the tub water.. maybe she is too! But try sitting in thetub w/her mom!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009