Any ideas for sack lunches?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in

• sandwiches fruit or raw veggie maybe some cheese crackers or little bit of candy too caprisuns or kool aid jammers
    or try making ramen noodle soup and putting it in a thermos oh yeah you can make brownies and cup cakes too for snack.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Most days my daughter brings a thermos with leftovers.

I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years; send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• sandwiches(pbj-bologna-cheese etc..
    side(cookies-chips-crackers-nilla wafers etc
    drinks(coolade-apple juice-OJ-milk etc.
    *bananna
    *apple
    *grapes
    *spegetti-ooos
    just some of what I pick out for my little girl for her lunch @ school M-F..
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My kid might be weird, but cold pizza is a special treat.
    mommyjenny2009

Answer by mommyjenny2009 at 8:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• lunchables
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I have an insulated lunch bag for my son and put two little ice packs into it. Every day he gets a sandwich, stick of cheese, Gogurt, an organic fruit rope, and an organic kid's protein bar. Sometimes I'll toss in a rice krispie treat or some peanut butter filled pretzels, too.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I always took a sandwich, usually PBJ or cheese. An apple or orange cut up, two cookies or one if mom made big ones. a box of juice (usually tree top 100%) and a snack of some sort, raisins, pretzels, cheese and crackers, ect. Sometimes my mother sent leftovers but not usually i was bad about bringing the Tupperware back. string cheese is usually a winner, baby carrots are good too. If you want to send cake, ect, it survives best wrapped in wax paper, not a plastic bag. with hubby I send leftovers a lot, and those instant soups that you add water to, not the ramen ones but the other ones. Fruitsnacks and fruitrollups make a good treat. I try to balanced what my son wants vs what he needs, A main item (usually sandwich) a fruit or veggie, and a treat of some kind. make sure you child knows not to share or trade though, because others may have allergies.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My son brings leftovers, sandwiches, fruit, cut up vegetables, cheese cubes, pasta, stir fry with rice. We have cold packs and hot packs that keeps the lunches at the right temperature.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My kids like PB&J sandwiches, a banana, granola bar and some kind of juice.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I have seen a lot of good ideas on here but you have to remember that raw sandwich meat isn't the greatest thing to send. Turkey and Ham is one thing but when you are talking about bologna, that needs to be heated before your child eats it. It can cause food poisoning if not handled properly. You can heat the meat first place it on the sandwich and then keep the sandwich cold during the school day with an ice pack. I don't think alot of parents are aware of the dangers of bologna and hot dogs.
    mommy2ejdnh

Answer by mommy2ejdnh at 4:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009