3 month old watches TV

Ok, so I probably will get some bashing for this, but when my DD gets fussy and I can't do anything to calm her down (she isn't hungry, not tired, doesn't want me to hold her) I have found if I sit her in her swing and turn the TV to a cartoon, like wonder pets for example, she will calm down and talk to the TV.... Does anyone elses LO do this?? None of my other children have ever showed any interest in the TV until they were walking and talking....

SlapHappi

Asked by SlapHappi at 5:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was one of those babies, lol. Mine weren't interested in watching television until around a year old but I had to have some entertainment going on when I was a baby, lol. My mom used the radio and the television to keep me entertained when nothing she did herself would work! And yeah, you probaly will be bashed but ignore the freaking trolls, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My 3 mo watches football, tennis, and even dr.phill. I think at that age, they're attracted by the changing lghts and colors. I don't think it's a problem unless you let them watch Maury.
    Drake007

Answer by Drake007 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my baby need it at that age and sometimes now you have to do what you can to calm them as bad as it is we have to put in baby einstin off and on when she is fussy and thats all that will help and she loves it I think its the music and colors otherwise I have the tv on all day she stops and watches it when its music or a cartoon but otherwise she ignores it but I don't think its bad at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My 3 month old will sit and watch movies with me!! He absolutely loves the older musicals that are brightly colored and he'll coo along when they sing. I think it's great for babies to get the stimulation a TV show or movie can offer through lights and sounds. Sometimes when my boy just wants to be held, I'll hop on the computer and just my internet surfing amuses him. He just loves bright colors. Another thing that has worked for us is turning on a 'visualizer' on iTunes or something similar. He loves the music and will just stare at all the changing colors on the screen.
    OhBaby1467

Answer by OhBaby1467 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2009