when your water broke were you having contractions at that time?

jaders1220

Asked by jaders1220 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was but I don't think you HAVE to be having a contraction for your water to break on it's own. With the 2 I already have, I was in active labor when a contraction broke my water and right after my water broke I was ready to push, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• With my first i was. Not real bad contractions, but enough to know i was going into labor. After my water broke though, the contractions got BAD! This time they broke my water in the hospital, but it was the same as the first time. I was having smaller not-too-painful contractions before, then it was BAD ones after they did it!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• No. My water broke with my first baby (low leak/gush) at 39 weeks. It was 8 days, at 40 weeks, later that I started having contractions.

(Opposite with my second baby, I only had contractions and water bag was intact, even as she was getting born. She almost came out in it intact. But it broke when she crowned.)

Are you leaking/having contractions?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I was in hard core labor when mine broke both times!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my water broke before active labor started for me, by a couple of hours.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• With both of mine my water broke right before pushing.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2009