My mind is shot.. Anyone remember what cough medicine is safe to take when pregnant?

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never take any OTC meds pregnant or not. There are some natural remedies, too, if you're interested in that.

Is this just a cough, other symptoms, how long has this been going on?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Mix equal parts of honey (antibacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory)

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• robitesin...or however it's spelled! lol. It's fine as long as it's just the cough medicine and doesn't have any other things in it (like allergy medicine or whatever). =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• No it's a nasty cold. I have asthma so it makes it a million times worse. I have a runny nose, coughing up stuff, & just not able to breathe well. Hoping to avoide an ER trip though. Today is day #3.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• robitussin is the best and safest...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• robutussin is awesome pregnant or not.. tastes nasty as hell but it's great. However since having my third LO I've found a humidifier is the BEST remedy for a cold. Works for him wonders. The doctors say cold meds don't work as well as they say they should! Try also Vicks vapor rub for congestion..
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2009