what are the best toys for a dog that seems to rip up every toy i buy?? i swear every toy i get him last bout an hour at most. lol..

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pets

• Don't buy him toys that he can rip up. Buy him hard bones. Go to a pet store and look around.

Answer by louise2 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Kong Toys that you can fill with treats or Nylabones are both sturdy toys.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Kongs are great.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree on the Kong toys. Also Jolly Balls are great (they are large hard material and my really destructive Boxer could not destroy it).
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You could try Tuffies. They've got Kevlar lining (the same stuff in bullet-proof vests) and they're hard to destroy. My boxer/pit can't rip his up and he's had it for over a year now!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My daughter's dog ate every dog toy ever invented, (plus her cell phone, her answering machine, the remote control, DVD's, and half her sofa!) she got him a kong and he can't eat that, and stopped with all the rest of the stuff too. Part of it is the kongs, she has several of them now, and part of it is the dog is now over a year old (black lab) and starting to remember that he's not supposed to destroy the entire house.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:35 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Kong! We have those at my boarding kennel/doggie daycare. It takes a lot of dogs chewing on one of those to make any kind of dent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Definitely a KONG.

But!!! I would suggest for an avid chewer, get a size bigger than the recommended size on the label for the breed/size of your dog.

Also, those jolly balls are great, we bought one for my horses, and the dog takes after the ball when the horses get to playing with it, almost indestructable by the toughest chewers!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Hi, My name is Jo, Im a veterinary nurse, but I have had Rottweilers all my life. Some of the best toys and the cheapest are right in your home, rubbish or closest supermarket. Empty cordial or soft drink bottles, even empty milk containers ar great hours of fun, and difficult to chew up. The end of a broom, the actul bit your sweep wh minus the handle, again offers hurs of entertainment without being destroyed quickly. Netballs, soccer balls or basketballs also offers hours and hours of fun even if it is deflated. Hope these ideas help.
    coota

Answer by coota at 6:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would stay away from anything that can be easily chewed up, especially the ones that resemble stuffed animals because dogs can't tell the differance between theirs and the kids. I like Kongs, the black ones are even harder then the red ones. I also like Soup marrow bones. Any toy that is a hard plastic will be harder for them to destroy.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2009