What diapers do you use? And would you recommend them?

My daughter is one year old and lately all of her diapers have been leaky! i have tried using different diapers. I used to use Pampers Swaddlers for a long time- and then at about 10 months they started leaking so i tried Cruisers and Huggies Little Crawlers. and I have also tried Pull-ups. i do not know if it is cuz she is so squirmy now or what but i change her constantly and sometimes her diaper is barely damp and it will have completely leaked. is this common? do you recommend any brand of diapers? =)

MadysMom0916

Asked by MadysMom0916 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I used disposables I loved the Walmart brand White cloud, which is off market now...and also we liked the Target brand. Never had a leak with either of those. Have you checked to make sure the leg holes on the diapers are fitting her right ? Could be an issue if she has skinny thighs. I don't have that much experience with the name brand diapers you mentioned. I always though Pampers had a weird smell an didn't like huggies either.

Now though I cloth diaper. You wouldn't believe how much better CD's contain messes and don't leak. Plus many like fleece lined diapers keep your child's skin so dry and soft.

If you want to look into it, try the "cuties with cloth booties" board here on cafemom.

For a "bulletproof" diaper for beginners look into the Bum Genius brand. They are a bit more expensive then some CD's, but cheaper then buying pull ups.

Hope that helps.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 6:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We used cloth and yes, I strongly recommed them.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We use Luvs and we almost never have leaks unless he's totally soaked it. I always recommend Luvs... I think they are great and the cost is awsome too
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• when my dd became really mobile we used luvs and i use them for my son now, i reccomend them (my babies pee alot lol)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Personally we use the target up & up brand, and yes I would recommend them :) They are awesome.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 6:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• we use LUVS and Up and Up (target) brand. i have 3 kids in diapers and highly recommend these
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 8:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I have tried several diff. brands...pampers, huggies, walmart, walgreens, kroger..cant remember the others....Pampers was by far the best. The sizing was way off in every off brand diaper so I figure I save alot of stress and leaks if I just spend the extra for good quality diapers....huggies were the WORST brand diapers...ugh. My son pees a ton, always waking up with wet clothes. Even the swaddlers. Well I have since switched to Pampers Baby Dry and they are amazing. They claim up to 12 hours of dryness so basically all night without a leak and so far its been 3 weeks without any leaks. Not even poop. My son is in a size 3 which goes up to 28 pounds and he is 19 pounds right now. He is very active, not crawling yet but never stops moving, and he pees a ton. Them diapers are so heavy in the morning but never wet on his clothes or sheet. and the thigh is tight enough so no poop slides out:) Id def. recommend them , worth a try!
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 10:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I used to use pampers with my youngest but it always leaked so I use Luvs on both my kids. My oldest have always used luvs.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2009