My daughters butt looks like she sat on a hot stove and I dont know what to do for her

So yesterday my daughter had really loose BMs so we were just letting her in and out of the bathroom whenever she needed. Well I didnt think anything of it until she was being really quiet and we looked in the door. She had gotten off the potty and had opened the cabinet and was eatting an ex lax. She woke this morning crying that her butt hurt. I checked her and she is completely blistered and has peeling skin. She cries if you even try and touch her. She has been laying on her stomach all day afraid to sit or even go potty. I am so worried and I dont know what to do for her. We have tried diaper cream, baking powder paste, and pretty much everything my nurse grandmother has said and its still really red and she wont let us do much of anything to help her. She really lookes like she sat on a hot stove naked. BTW she is 2. I need some help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Health

• A & D Ointment is awesome, or vaseline something to keep the moisture off gl i hope she's better poor thing
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• BTW my meds are out of reach normally. She took her stool to counter and climbed up on it into my medicin cabinet
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Poor thing How much ex lax did she eat? Did you call poison control? That can be dangerous.

Cornstarch will keep it dry not sure what else to do, maybe call her Ped and ask if they want to see her laxatives can deplete your body of essential minerals
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You know i would bring her to the ER if nothing that your grandma said to do isn't working i would really have a doctor take a look at it. GL I hope she is better soon poor Little one.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• HAHA! I'm in no way finding your daughters butt rash hilarious but eating ex lax is funny! Don't worry about the bashers dear, later on, you might even find this funny. Since you have already tried everything I would suggest I would just say to let her butt air dry. And since nothing is working, I would stop using anything. Good old fashioned air is what I used everytime I seen alittle redness on my little ones and it worked like a charm! Good luck babe!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I dont have a pedi because I dont trust him anymore when he told me my sons fevor of 104 was not caused by his vax (he was 6 months). I cant find a new one cause none are taking new patients. She only got ahold of half of one. We had one left and when she was caught she spit half of it into my hubbys hand. I want to take her to UC but my hubby insists that my grandmother said it will be better by morning. My family thinks I am over protective becasue they think I take them in over nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If you want to take her to UC then you should. Don't worry about what your hubby or grandmother says! She is your child also and if you feel like thats what you should do then thats what you should do. And taking them in for "nothing" is better than not caring at all!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• protrolum jelly for a couple of hours then se a wash rag and wipe her off good and just let it air out,putting stuff on it may arritate it more,my lil ones butt was like that and i kept her naked( i did alot of laundrey becouse i put blankets under her.took me 2days,but i didnt put anything on it
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2009