Anyone gonna watch adoption diaries on WE tonight?

It looks interesting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Adoption

• We are gonna my SO and I. It does look very interesting.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I plan on it i think it will be a good show . I helped my girlfriend and her husband to adopt a baby girl 18 months ago so it is close to my heart , the people that can't have kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We saw it, my SO and myself, and I think is very enlightening and educational.quiet

mysa

Answer by mysa at 8:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• No, I saw a commercial for it and think I will pass. I fear that as a birth mom, it will be too painful to watch. Just watching the commercial for it bugged me, and I doubt the show would be different. I hate shows that tend to glorify all adoption, and that seems to be the trend. I am not opposed to all adoption, but, am opposed to unethical and cooerced adoptions that sometimes occur when a mother wants to parent, but is encouraged not to do so.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:44 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I was wondering if someone watched it. I did last night and I thought it was really good. I adopted through foster care, so I can't say one way or another on private adoption. But based from what I have seen on here, it sounds like the agency that is on the show was very impartial to the whole process. They really seemed to try to help both sides, supporting the birth mom, telling her she had every right to change her mind, even telling her that she should take an extra day to get the papers signed and take over the weekend, rather than the next day. The adoptive parents appeared to be very supportive of the birth mom. Can't wait to watch more.
    jothra

Answer by jothra at 2:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2009