Did/Do you take antidepressants while pregnant?

Which pill? What dosage amount? Any birth defects (minor or major)?
I am trying to find which pill would be best as I am 12 weeks pregnant and suffering from depression. Any positive information would be AWESOME.
Thank you ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took klonipin while I was pregnant with my now 3 yr.old , took it for my panic attacks. When I found out I was pregnant I was taking 3 a day. I was able to cut it down to 1 pill a day. I still needed some in my system to help he is fine has never had any problems. MY doc. and obgyn and me decided it would be best for the baby for me to take the least amount I could but that I did not need to stop. So talk to them and good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• oh hun...i have been diagnosed for depression and anxiety for quite some time now. Before i got pregnant i was taking Zoloft and xanx. I stopped taking them both. Well, i went to my apt last week and she told me i could take the zoloft for my depression but not the xanx. Im 25 weeks and still was a little scared. So, i did some research and it said that zoloft can cause problems with babies lungs after being born. Now before i got pregnant i was taking 50mg. and a whole xanx bar. My Anxiety was BAD so bad to where i had to do research after my doctor told me i could take zoloft. I feel that if i went this far then i can go the rest of the way instead of worryin about my baby and the harm these drugs can actually have on our babies.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i am on zoloft for panic attacks and depression. i am pregnant and with my 7 year old daughter i took them as well, she is fine and no birth defects.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2009