Infant hair care

I give my 11 week old son a bath everynight it's his favorite time of the day. He loves bath time. I was washing his hair everynight but he got cradle cap. at his 2 month old check up I told my doctor about it. I told her I had used cradle cap care on him and it had not worked. She said it could be the shampoo I was using she told me to use adult head and shoulders. That sounds really stong to me. could it be too strong for my baby?

Aidensmommy628

Asked by Aidensmommy628 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I doubt that she would suggest something too "strong" or harmful to your child. BUT, you are the mommy and what YOU think is what matters. If you don't want to use it then don't. I had cradle cap when I was a baby and my mom used baby lotion. She would cover my head in lotion, rub it in, wait for a few minutes and then comb whatever she could out. I don't know if this would work for you but it's worth a shot! Good luck!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My DD had cradle cap for 7 months and i cont useing the shampoo that is natures gentle (I THINK THATS RIGHT) anyways just put it on leave it in for 5-10 minutes and then rince it good. It will left up and when it does take a comb and comb it up all the skin will come off and it will be gone it just takes time. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Rub olive oil or coconut oil in your baby’s hair and comb out with a fine tooth comb. 11 weeks is a bit early for soap/shampoo.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I would wash their hair with baby shampoo and before I took the baby out of the bath I would put baby oil on their hair. I would cover the area that needed it and take the baby out. When I was done dressing the baby then I would use a soft baby brush and brush in circular motions gently. after a few baths it was coming out pretty easily!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I used a small amount of baby oil on my daughters head after her bath. It worked well. I didn't wash it again until the next day.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 1:04 AM on Sep. 13, 2009