Did your child watch Obama's speech at school?

Just curious, mine did not.....wondering if any did. I have not heard one someone watching it yet....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my child does not watch tv at all.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Nope, they didn't watch it at my kids' school.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• they watched at our middle school but not at the elem. Our district left it up to the teachers to do it if they had time.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Nope, they watched it at home. They are not old enough for school. So I played it for them here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We watched both speeches together on CSPAN online.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes, My child watched it . He is a 3rd grader. He thought it was pretty cool that the president was speaking to "him" ( the kids) , and that he was sharing his school stories. He also said that he was glad that the president cares about the younger citizens and their education. He is glad that someone else out there wants him to do well in school. Not just his parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Nope. My son is old enough to make up his own mind,and Obama is of no interest to him whatsoever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my daughter watched it and her school even sent home a form asking if it was ok if she watched it............. of course she was begging me to watch it so.......... whats to loose its not like its bad or anything
    francescaz

Answer by francescaz at 9:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My son's kindergarten did not show it, but we watched it together at home!
    jdanielle82

Answer by jdanielle82 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My son's school didn't but I did watch it at home and it was an excellent speech that too many moms on here made a huge deal over. What is wrong with the President encouraging kids to stay in school, get an education and take responsibility for their education? I was watching the news later that night and a boy about 8 years old said that he got that HE was the only one responsible for him getting an education and the education is very important and no one else was responsible for his education. He needed to make the most of what his teachers, parents and other adults were teaching him and use it to become a productive citizen.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2009