Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My child swallowed a long does this whole poop checking thing take? How long should I wait before taking him in?

My 14 month old swallowed a penny last night , called our pediatrician and he said it will pass just to watch the question is how long should I wait until taking him in if I don't see it in the poo??? when the pediatrician called back this morning to check in on my baby I wasn't home and my husband didn't ask him all the questions like I would. What do you ladies think? Or should I call the ped. again???


Asked by insanemom3 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 4 (30 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Probably 2-3 days.

    Answer by Bmat at 7:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • LOL, my dd swallowed one when she was little and I didn't even know until she pooped it out! So, I have no clue about how long...the question just sprung a memory lol :)

    Answer by nikkileerue at 6:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • just wait and stay calm you did your job by asking his dr what to do.

    Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • It should take about 2 days or so. Just continue to check her poo.

    Answer by team21 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • I ate a penny once - and never told my mom. Till this day she doesn't know I swallowed a penny. I'm still alive and that was 20+ years ago. I wouldn't worry about it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • I believe you can just continue to wait unless she's showing signs of discomfort. My nephew did the same thing..

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2009