What color is your child's diarrhea?

My son is lactose intolerant but at his 1yr check up the DR said he might grow out of it and he might be able to tolerate yogurt. I said I would wait a few months before putting him on anything with milk to see. Well, it's been 3 months I gave him a little of the YoBaby Yogurt and he got diarrhea like he always does when he has milk products. He has had diarrhea 4x in the span of 6hrs. But the last diaper change his poop was really dark. Is that normal when you have a lot of diarrhea? It wasn't black but it was really, really dark. His DR office doesn't have anyone on call on the weekend and I really don't want to drive an hour to the ER if I don't really have to go.(I live in the sticks, the closest hospital is about an hour away). He has had fluids all day to replenish his electrolytes so I'm not worried about dehydration. Just worried about the dark poop. Thanks!

babyboomboom

Asked by babyboomboom at 7:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• His dr doesn't have an oncall number?? I'd switch doctors!! .. I know that isn't what you are asking but ANY good pediatrician has someone oncall at all times, even weekends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2009