Why Do You Hate Me?

I am a born again Christian, conservative republican, pro-life, against gay marriage, pro-Israel, I believe spanking is an effective form of discipline, I watch the O'Reilly factor and Hannity on TV almost every night, I love George W. Bush and don't agree with every little thing he has done but I believe he is a good man and not at all the horrible man liberals have painted him as. I do NOT hate liberals but I see a LOT of hate spewing from some of them. I think the republican party has issues it needs to address, but so do the democrats. I am a very nice, kind, loving person. I'm not a loud mouth, I'm actually rather quiet. If you were to come in my home, republican or democrat, Christian or non-Christian, I would treat with you respect and kindness and good old fashioned southern hospitality. I don't understand why people remain so divided, we share this country, why can't we look past our differences and be kind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I love you,im the same but i dont watch tv and im a SAHM lol
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Minus being from the South, I am similiar in what you just said. Both sides should be working together to improve this country, not cause division.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 7:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I love a respectful debate, but more often than not, as a liberal I hear the "debate" boiled down to a few stock phrases..."Kool-aid drinker," "Commie," "and lots of references to my supposed ignorance of the subject of the debate. Some people can't understand that two people given the same information may well come to two different conclusions.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You and I have a LOT in common, and I agree with you on a LOT. I think it is time we all stand together, and despite our differing views, stop the insanity! lol. We should be able to agree to disagree. No name calling or bashing. We are, afterall, adults, right, Ladies?
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I don't hate you. I don't understand your intolerance. If you are against gay marriage, then you should not have one; you don't get to decide who others can or cannot fall in love with.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• OP hate is just too strong of a word to use !

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I don't hate anyone.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree with rkoloms. I have no problem with your personal beliefs unless you try to have them made into national laws that affect ALL citizens. Also, plenty of hate is spewed by the republicans, and it's generally very ironic because many will follow it with invoking your god's name in some way.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I don't hate anyone. We don't have much in common though so we probably wouldn't be best friends. I'd be polite to you in passing, say hi and smile but I doubt we'd ever bond as friends.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I do NOT hate liberals but I see a LOT of hate spewing from some of them

and I see a lot of hate spewing from conservatives, Do you not see that too?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2009