How do I get my husband to help out with the kids?

I got merried in 2007 and life was so perfect. When I met him I had 2 kids and he treated them like they came from him. Everything came without me asking for it. He helped me in so many ways.. NOW he has to be asked to clean the dishes or asked to change the kids, but they call him daddy! He say's to all his friends and family he's the daddy and he takes care of them.. I say how JA! I'm tired of doing everything on my own. I didn't ask him to be the father. I gave him a choice (if you want me you have to have all of me, and that's my kids! He just found out he a diabetic and Ihave to give him his shots and meds.. Why is it we all have to do more than asked?? I'm tired of all of this. My mind say's go but my heart says stay.. What do I do????????? help momz

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• your willing to leave over that? just talk to him ,and never forget he is still a great man,he may not jump as soon as you ask,but him being their dad means so much more, the longer he has been there for them the greater he should be in your eyes.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• When ya find an aswer...let me know! lol. My hubby doesn't think he has to "help" out with the kids since he's the one who makes the money. He can be such an ass! Ugh. Before he and i got married, he was the nicest guy ever! We had dreams and ideas of what our lives together looked like. But then we got married and i guess he figured those cute plans didn't matter much. Jerk! lol. If i ever ask hubby to help with something as simple as getting one of the kids something to drink he flips! You would have thought i just asked him to shoot his self in the eye! Blah.
    Ali-Rippy

Answer by Ali-Rippy at 9:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Let me know if you find the answer. My hubby does NOTHING to help around the house. I love him but he does nothing not even when asked. He has changed one diaper in almost 5 years and 2 kids, he does not do dishes,laundry or anything else. He takes care of making the money and mowing the lawn. I do the rest. It does not bother me that much now. I take care of our kids and the house and he loves us and spends as much time as he can doing things with us,he just does not do housework. I figure he works two jobs and I stay home so as long as he spends his freetime loving us then I can live with him not doing dishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• They are not his kids. Why would you think he should help out with them? They are your responsibility. You should have worked out the household chore stuff before you married him. Don't ppl discuss this stuff before they get married anymore?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009