Have you ever regretted being a SAHM?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• not yet, i got 2 more years and im actually sad, i love having him around.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• other then the fact i am bored all the time and would love to get out of the house and actually go to work no. i like watching my kids and housework although sometimes i wish I had some help around here
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• at times that is why I started my little at home job selling scentsy that way it at least lets me feel like I am contributing to the House.  I love being able to be able to be home with the kids, and attend everything they do in life and I don't have to miss out on anything anymore I like that part. 

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 7:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm not sure if it was actually regret, but I did have concern that I'd spent 6 years in university and all of that time and money and work was being unused. I was also concerned that I was not building up retirement money and social security, that I was losing skills towards supporting myself and my family if my husband would lose his job.

Answer by Bmat at 7:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Only in that I'm afraid it was the wrong decision as it has made me completely vulnerable financially and in other ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• No I have no regrets, maybe i should have done it sooner but then we wouldnt have our home and the minivan so I am happy that I waited to do it. Now that my youngest is finally in school I feel like I have my own time again, I get to have lunch with friends and my DH and I also get time to clean house with no one asking me for other things. When I was working I felt like I never had time for myself and it took its toll on me. My husband says I am a much happier person these days (still stressed with crazy schedules). We still struggle because we no longer have that 2nd income which was a decent income but it is worth it for us, everyone is much happier.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• When I think of how much more I would be making now if I never stayed home, I sometimes get bummed out. But then again, when I think what I would have missed out on with the boys, I am happy I did it. So, yes, I do regret it but only on the day I pay bills!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• And I have the same feelings as Bmat....but still no regrets (most of the time!)
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes...I have because I don't have much in the way of education and job skills and I feel I'm getting dumber by the day. That and the fact that I have 2 special needs kids, and most days I feel I'm going outta my mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Regret is a strong word. Sometimes I miss the days when I worked though.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 8:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009