Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Molestation

Okay So my 3 year old is in Day Care while I work during the day she is in Day care that hold 10 kids. Well today at the day care a 7 year old girl who has mental retardation or something she is chalenged i am not sure what she has but she has the mind of a 4 year old well she pull my DD pants down and stuck her finger in her. I brought my child to the hospital she is okay but what do i do i am completely lost. I called and quit my job i will just be home with her from now on she needs me, but what am i supposed to do... I feel like a failure. I really know this is sad to say but i want to beat the lil girl. I got in huge fight with the childs mother like come on what are you doing in front of this child? Please help me.


Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

This question is closed.
Answers (24)
  • Oh I can't even imagine how pissed you are right now babe! I feel for you SO much. Okay, lets look at the facts now. The police already know, the staff at the daycare knows. I don't think it's the daycares fault either now that I've reread your post, sorry, I was instantly pissed off for the both of you. And if I were you, I would definitely pursue getting the mother locked the hell up. Oh man, please keep us posted! I am SO angry for you and your daughter right now that I am getting all teary eyed!

    Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • You are NOT wrong for wanting to beat the little girl up. To ACT on it would be wrong, it's natural to want to protect your child and tear someone up who hurts them. Call the freaking police! What did the mother have to say!? Where the hell was the person who was suppose to be watching the kids while this girl pulled her freaking pants down?! Take action! Do NOT feel like a failure, you have done NOTHING wrong!

    Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • Can i call the police on a 7 year old retarded girl? The mother said well i wont bring my child back here. and it happened when they were playing in the doll house thing the had out side. so the staff couldnt see they just heard my DD yelling get off of me and crying and the other kids ran and got the staff.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • I agree with the pp call the police let them deal with it.
    But if the girl has the mentality of a 4 year old she really can't be held responsible.
    I wonder more about who was watching the kids when this happened

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • shoot i dont know what to say besides stay with her if you can,you dont have to feel guilty its not your fault,the other girl has to be getting molested.the best thing you can do is tell every parent you know from that day care,every parent has the right to know.oh i would be so mad.

    Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • Yes. Just like you said, where did she learn the behavior from? The mother not taking the little girl back to the daycare doesn't fix WHY it happened. I would call the police if this had happened to me. The little girl has either seen something she shouldn't have or this is being done to her. She needs help.

    Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • The police will probably not do anything because of her age In my state you have to be I believe 8 before you can be charged with a crime plus her mental retardation

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your DD. This is why I chose to stay home with my daughter, I was always afraid something would happen to her. I know my fears came from what happened to me when I was little and the only advice I can give you from my heart is Love your daughter always with all your heart. From your post I know you will. The worst thing my mom ever did was blame me for what happened and it changed my life and affected my life even till this day. Talk to a child couselor, psychologist to see what advice you can get to help your little one. Good luck. And again, I'm sorry.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • That is not necessarily true she may never have seen anything or had it done to her for her to behave that way.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • In this state, that would be a child abuse charge against the teachers of the daycare who are in charge of your child.
    I do not feel like I tell you to calm down (yet), because I would be outraged in your situation too. I'm worried that you quit your job though, unless you are truly in a position where you are okay financially to do that.
    I"m sure you feel like you have to DO something.....Try calling your child protection agency in your state, the phone number should be in the front of your phone book, there should be a real person to talk to 24/7 and maybe you can get some help. ((((((((((hugs to you and your little girl))))))))))

    Answer by kjrn79 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN