help ...plz read

my daughter is a week and 4 days and she is already spoiled. she cries when she in the bassinett or anywhere. when my boyfriend picks her up or anybody she stays shut. how can i brake that out of her. i dont want her to be spoiled.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She isn't spoiled. She is a newborn and should be picked up when she is crying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• well shes only 2 weeks old she just wants companionship and to feel secure and loved, she was in your uterus for 9 months all cozy and snug. now if she was doing this at 6 months id say something different but shes way to young to be spoiled
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• For the first 12 weeks you need to give her what she needs and that is love and comfort. She just came from a place where she was snug and warm for a long time. It is going to take her awhile to get used to her surroundings. Have you tried swaddling her before you put her down. This really helped my LO adjust to not being held constantly. After 12 weeks they start to realize that they can be left alone. Just give it some time and relish in the fact that she needs you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• your kidding,let me tell you something YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOM! stop thinking that. she is brand new.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• just love her! pick her up and love her.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 8:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree that a newborn cannot be spoiled. You can't let them cry for too long or they will become too stressed out. They need held at this early in life. they need to know that their needs are being met. Newborns are very demanding. They aren't able to start being spoiled really until around 6months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• IN my opinion, babies that young can NOT be spoiled. Remember that she was WITH YOU constantly for 9 months, hearing your . She wants to be kept warm and know that you are there. Picking her up when she cries, if that's what she wants is fine! She will outgrow it!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Sorry mom, let me explain it this way...she is not spoiled, she has been inside you for 9 months, all warms and protected. All of a sudden she is born to a cold bright room, lots of noise and things she knows nothing about. She is not spoiled, she needs comfort and reassurance from you that YOU will keep her warm, dry, fed,loved and all the other stuff that comes with being a new mommy. Babies her age cry because they NEED something, they can not talk so this is the only way they can let you know they are scared, hungry, wet, cold, have gas, or just need to be near YOU... You can not spoil a week old baby, or a one month old baby and older.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• agreed. right now when she cries just hold her and soothe her. i started letting my dd cry for 1 minute when she was 1 month, 2 min when she was 2 months, granted by the time she was six months she was crying for about 10-15 minutes. she's not spoiled yet, she's too young, but babies CAN get spoiled before 6 months, don't listen to whoever tells you different. i used to baby sit a baby that was spoiled to death, every time he cried he was picked up. so on his 6 month b-day i officially claimed him spoiled, lol, since you know the doctors say 6 months is obviously the magic number
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree with anon8:03. But just let me add that you are not a bad mom. My 3rd son was like that. I had to put him in bed with me just to keep him asleep at night. He outgrew that too quick though. He is still cuddly, but he is now 16mo. I don't want to sound pushy, but enjoy this age as it goes by way too fast. I know it is rough at first, but it does get easier. I have 3 boys and expecting my fourth baby. I can't wait for a newborn in my home again. But i was very stressed with my first one because i din't know what to expect.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2009