Is your due date...

Is your due date the END of the 40th week, or is it the First day of the 40th week? I ask because I'm using two different pregnancy counters and one does it one way, the other does it the other way.

Plus, my cousin is also pregnant and chewed my ass off for saying I was 27 weeks when SHE thinks i'm 26 weeks. Its stupid really, but I am curious on how the due date works.

I personally thought it was the beginning of the 40th week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Generall, you don't say you are 40 weeks until the week is complete. So I am right now, 39 weeks and 3 days. I have started the 40th week, BUT I would say I was 39 weeks. Next wednesday, I will be 40 weeks.

When people ask me specifically when my EDD is, I tell them sometime in September. That way there isn't an issue and people stay off my ass. :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i would say im 36wks 6 days now and my weeks start on monday so i consider myself 37wks on monday not the end of the week
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I have that 2 seperate counters issue too. one of them says 23 weeks, the other says 24...the one that says 24 is the week that I am working on. 23 is the week I have completed. my question is...how do the months work? the same way? would I be 5 months (the month just completed) or 6 (the month I am working on)?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• rhianna1708

It's the same thing. You wouldn't say you are 3 months until the month is COMPLETE. You can be 2 months and several weeks. Or you can say you are IN your third month. But most of the time when they say 3 months, they mean three completed months.

Think of it this way. When you conceived, would the embryo be a week old, the day of conception? Or would it be a week old 7 completed days after conception?

But, of course, different people say different things.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i am 29 weeks so to me thats considered 7 months and 3 weeks. i am due nov 26th
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 13, 2009