To young and selfish

I'm 20 and 4 months along. I havent seen the doctor yet. I'm so scared. I know I'm being selfish. but I cant do this alone. I don't want to do this alone. I know your going to tell me I'm not alone but that's bull I am alone. Far from home and alone. I'm so sick of crying and so scared. Can you please tell me what they will do to me at a dr apt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• girly, they will check yor baby whats so scary about that? when people say your not alone it means they feel your pain,not that they are gonna be there next to you.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• They will probably measure your belly to see how big it is. Weigh you, ask you some questions, recommend a prenatal vitamin if you aren't taking one yet. They Might do an internal exam since you didn't have one when you 1st go pg but maybe not since you are already 4mos along. They will listen for the baby's heartbeat with a doppler. IF you are in the US they may get you to do an Ultrasound but not in Canada. Really the visits are quick and easy. Don't be scared.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 8:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Weigh you, make you pee in a cup, take some blood, Give you a papsmear stuff like that.

Answer by louise2 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i was scared too im 20 but believe me when you see your baby on the ultrasound machine, all the worries goes away, and they will see how far along you are and just check to make sure baby and mommy are doing good, congrats, and just breathe once you see that lil heart beating it was all worth it.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 8:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• There are others out there to connect with.

Are you taking a birth class?

I highly suggest a midwife. A doctor is less personable, in general, spending a mere 7 minutes per appointment, per patient. A midwife is more like an hour, she'll get to know you and be more like your good friend by the time birth comes around. I feel that is VERY important because of how labor works (moms do better when they feel safe and cared for by familiar faces, etc.).

There are some things that are common at prenatal appointments, nothing too drastic. You can decline anything you don't want.

Are you taking prenatal vitamins, taking care of yourself?
    Have you had anything happen to cause concern?

Do you have health insurance?

Message me if you'd like~ I understand that you have fears. A lot would be normal & common, but maybe you're going through some other stuff, too. .
    Hugs, sweetie!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• take ur butt to the dr. and shut up! lol i'm jokin! life would not be worth it if we didnt have down time... so cry.... then feel better and take care of your business! good luk!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 8:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I know how you feel. I was 19 when I first got pregnant. I was away at college, far from home. I had no one to lean on for support and I couldn't have a car to get to the doctor. In fact, I was 4 months along when I finally got the appointment. It is the scariest feeling ever. You don't know what to do, where to go or who to talk to and you feel like there is no one who understands your situation. First thing, get yourself an appointment. If you don't have insurance, you can get state provided insurance. While you are there, tell her what is going on. Your doctor will have several suggestions on what you can do. You might want to consider some counseling. This will help you get your thoughts straight. It will also help you decide if you want to keep this baby or give it up for adoption. Not to make you feel guilty, but this baby is the greatest blessing you will ever have. If you need to talk, just message me.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• if there is any specific thing that you are scared about, you can deny that thing. but generally they are very nice. some might make snarky comments about you waiting so long to get an appointment. but just brush that off. if they are very rude, you might want to switch providers. :) you might also consider a midwife. good luck! take care of yourself and your little one!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i had my first at 19 my second at 21. you need to go to the doctor sorry hun but you need to grow up, your gonna be a mom and is time to stop being a child an get pair,. the best gift ou can give ur baby now is prenatal care. so go to the doctor is not scary is a like a physical only you are preggo
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• it's okay to be scared, but don't stress too much, because the baby will stress too. in some cases severe/constant stress can cause pre term labor. it's very important that you get a doctors appointment as soon as possible. they are not going to hurt you, they will make you give a urine sample and they will weigh you and check your blood pressure, ask you a ton of questions, you might have to get a blood test, they will probably check the babies heartbeat too (which is really neat to hear for the first time) and they will prescribe a prenatal vitamin if you're not already taking one.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009