My 10 month son just rolled for the first time from belly to back. He has been rolling back to belly since 5 months but never tried to roll the other way until now. He is rolling over but he looks like he is going to snap his arm off. He leaves it bent and rolls over it bent the wrong way. Did anyones LO roll this way to begin then figure it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He's just now rolling at 10 months old?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• thats what i was thinking my daughter walked at 8months and rolled at 5
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My son started rolling back to stomach @ 3 1/2 months old stomach to back was soon to follow, sitting up at 4 1/2 and crawling by 6 months.

OP, does your son have delays?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Nope the ped is completely aware.He said he wasnt worried about it because he can roll the other way and that is the harder or the two. Ped says rolling and crawling are no longer devel. milestones...
    He sat up at 5 months, rolled back to belly at 5 months. Isnt crawling but does scoot and pulls to a stand, cruises, and stands unassisted.

Seriously he has never tried to roll up until two days ago. He is just very social, happy, and no desire to become mobile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My kids both rolled at 4 months...front to back and back to front. It's a little strange the way they do it at first, but once they get the hang of it...it'll get easier.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If he has no desire to become mobile THERE IS A PROBLEM. His pediatrician is full of crap, rolling is a HUGE developmental milestone. If a 10 month old is just starting to roll there is something else there. Maybe you need to seek a different opinion from another pediatrician.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• k the fact taht your son didnt roll both completly until 10 mts is a HUGE PROBLEM you need to get a new pediatrician cuz the one you have sucks. both my kids were rolling both ways by 5 mths and my dd was crawling by 9 and by 10 mts she was standing up and holdng onto stuff. you need a second opinion thats not normal at all.oh dont worry he wont snap his arm off but please get as second opinion
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Actually I have already taken him to a developmental specialist and she said there is absolutely nothing wrong with him. He passed with flying colors it is his personalitly he just doesnt care to move yet. He has several words he is just not very physical.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Also he has seen 4 peditricians and all of them agreed he can do it he just chooses not to try. So the last couple of days he is trying and succeeding he just hasnt figured out what to do with is arm. He is standing and cruising some babies never crawl..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• When my son started rolling I always thought he was going to pop his shoulder out of place or break his arm because he would leave it behind him and roll over on top of it from his belly to his back. He's 21 months now so he's walking any getting into everything but he still does it sometimes when he's rolling around on the floor acting goofy. He'll figure it out when he's ready. Sounds like he's skipping the crawling stage and going straight to walking. If you've been to that many doctors and a specialist and they say there's nothing wrong then I wouldn't worry.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2009