Natural Twins??

I'm expecting twins, and I'm only 7 weeks along. I want to have a natural birth, but I'm wondering if any of you have done it?? I would appreciate some advice or stories about what you did. Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YOU CAN DO IT! (unless you become high risk or complications serious enough to make you need a cesarean or something) it seems that if you are going to try for a natural birth to take place in a hospital you will need to push hard for it. and keep pushing for it to be natural. because the hospital will more than likely try to do all kinds of things. since it's twins you can have a midwife in most states. even homebirth if you choose. in some states, like mine, you can't have breech or twins in a birthing center but you can at home. weird. here is a link to a great birth center, that i was going to have my baby at, i even saw there midwives for my prenatal care. but i ended up have reaally early labor and had togo to the ER and have him at the hospital. i just love there website, well their whole center, services and midwives and wanted to share. Andaluz

codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• im so jelous i wanted twins, but im sorry i have no advice i just wanted to say congratulations. gl with the natural birth.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My mom did it is completely possible
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 8:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Many people have.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-wULAaD50&feature=player_embedded
    It's a youtube video entitle: Natural birth of twins and triplets
    If it doesn't work you can watch it on my homepage.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Sure, you can do this! I have only had singletons. But I know of a lot of my midwife friends that attend twin births. You're more likely to have a successful experience with a Normal Birth Specialist (than a surgeon).
    Are you planning to have a hospital birth?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i don't have twins but my friend did. she had an epidural though. so not natural but also not a c-section. but all natural is totally possible too. CONGRATS!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• *their
    codysmama2609

• yes my friend had her twins natural
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2009