Air Force Moms/wifves

So my BF and I have been talking for a few months about him joining the air force and I would like to know from AIR FORCE MOMS what is it really like we are going see a recruiter next week and I know they will just BS us into him joining tell everything we want to hear blah blah blah but i want to know from yall what is it really like how long is your SO gone, where do yall live can you pick where you want to go how much is the sign on bonus, was it a good desicion for your family? My BF has no college education and really wants to go but we cannot afford it and heard that they will pay for it. Also he is a waiter a a fancy res. and he is sick of it and really cant find work here that would pay him enough for me to stay home and he wants me to stay home and take care of our kids. NOT being rude but I only want to here from the air force ppl bc I know not every branch is the same. This is a big decision and need accute advice.

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 8:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Here is an actuate advice site

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My oldest DD just started her first year at the Air Force Academy so our situation wasnt sitting down and talking with a recruiter we were talking to the admissions office.

I wish you luck. The armed services are not for everyone but I know many people who the military has been the best thing for them ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i'd suggest looking for a site here devoted to military wives, or air force wives. i'm a navy wife so i can't really answer your questions about the air force. but theres alot of good groups here for that who can help you out. if you pm me i'll give you the name of one (don't know if we are allowed to give names of groups on answers?)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:22 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I'm an Air Force wife, but my husband is an officer, so I really don't know about enlisted pay. If your husband likes following orders without question, he'll do just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2009