my 2 weeks old daughter pucked up her formula just alittle bit ago is that normal.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as it was just kind of spitting it up and not heaving then it's fine. Both my kids spat up alot when they were little. The doc said as long as they aren't spitting up as much as they are taking in it's fine.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 8:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Spitting up is normal if it exorcist vomiting then it could be a problem maybe with the formula. My 2 month old never sit up and then all of a sudden he just started and the Dr said it was normal we just switched his formula from reqular enfilmil to the emfilmil gentalease. no more sitting up
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• OK thanks. Cause i just feed her, and then she pucked it back up. But she is also fighting an infection could that be possiable too.
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my son did that for the first several weeks. Make sure you get every single little burp out.. that seems to help a lot.
    mommytohuddy

Answer by mommytohuddy at 8:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

•  Yes it is very normal for a new born to puke up  formula , Breast  Milk  . If she  start to Throw up severly   such  as   say  a puddel   or  her mouth is becoming a water  running   water fountain with  Formula Vomit  then  You  need to call  your pediatrician she may need a new Formula . We  are on our  third  with My grand Daughter  who is a month old.  Next  we  will be going to Soy Formula for she vomite's Like a scene in the exerciset .  Good Like  I hope she does better  with  the formula. 

GrandmaRBN

Answer by GrandmaRBN at 8:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My son would projectile vomit everytime he ate... but he had severe acid reflux.

Spitting up is normal, even what seems like throwing up (excessive spit up) is normal once in awhile especially if she is sick.

KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Oh boy I joined just to anser this. Both my kids puked SEVERELY. My now 4 1/2 yr. old puked until 8 months and my 1yr. old until 7 months. My 1 yr. old had severe acid reflux and she choked. It didn't matter if it was while she drank or 3 hours later. Yes she was bottle fed. she was on 3 different anti-acid meds and it din't work so I nexed that. She had an ultrasould and it came back normal. she slept in her car seat in the middle of my bed for the first 3 months. I changed formula 3-4 times and it didn't matter. I went through 15-18 bibs daily and about 5-6 clothe changes daily. and she was collicky on top of it all. It just takes time for their system to form and grow. Just like my first one they just simply outgrow it. But growing through it sucks. The good part is the kids will never remember it!
    lackosleep

Answer by lackosleep at 10:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009