virgins for death

I heard one reason for becoming a martyr is there is a promise of virgins afterwards. Does anyone know where this idea came from? Are they male of female versions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It all derives from some psychotic interpretation of the islamic faith.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i remember hearing somewhere it says there will be 40 virgins waiting for muslims when they die...no idea where i heard it though lol so sorry im no help.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I heard it was 72 virgins. Regardless of whether this is even true or not, those suicide "martyrs" are insane.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Thats stupid to think, that by doing something wrong youll wake up to pleasure and lust, what you wake up to Is death and Hell
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 9:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If anything is harder to believe in that god, it's got to be that that many virgins exist.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Wow...the views of Islam on this site by anons is utterly disturbing.

It is 72 virgins and it comes from something in the Quran. Nothing psychotic...it's rather normal...much like the things in the Bible.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• OneToughMami

Wow...the views of Islam on this site by anons is utterly disturbing.

I'm giving that anon the benefit of the doubt, because I read that to mean that there ARE psychotic (extremist) views within Islam, and that this idea it is twisted by some extremists is one of them, not that Islam and all Muslims are psychotic as a whole. She did say it was a psychotic interpretation.

LMAO at Beeky. :O) as
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 11:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Answered at 11:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 by: roachiesmom

maybe...hopefully...I re-read it twice...sooo I hope you are right. There are some wackedout view of islam on here though sadly
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

IF YOU NOTICE...I DIDN'T state that the Islamic faith is psychotic.....I SAID THE INTERPRETATION of the Islamic faith!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It is 72 virgins and it comes from something in the Quran.

Do you know where? Could you post the reference or the actual verses if so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2009