do you breastfeed and if so do your nipples hurt pretty bad at first

just wondering mine are very painful at first

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 8:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine didnt hurt at all....ever
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• heck yea I almost gave up it hurted so much. The first time my nipples started bleeding from being so raw. Then it became really sore but after a while it started not hurting so hang in there it will be better
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• try cuping ur breast so that ur nipple is flat(cup it side ways so its flat long ways,it depends on how baby latches on too.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes, when I had first one, I didn't really know how to breastfeed and teach my baby to suck so I was hurt very hard even bleeding. I was glad that there was a good nurse at wellness center correcting and teaching me and the baby to do it right. I endured then it went from awful to awesome. After the first one, our 2nd and 3rd were doing great and we didn't have any problem with breastfeeding at all. Good luck and hang in there...the pain will pass.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 9:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Nipples? No. No pain there.

Pain shooting through the ENTIRE breast through to my back ribs? Yeah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• if you latch the baby on correctly and sit correctly it really shouldnt hurt. you can always consult the Le Leche League.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes., it was painful for me. My baby will be a month old tomorrow. In the beginning it hurt a lot, all the time, even when not nursing. Then it just hurt at first when she would start nursing. Then I would say in the past day or two it doesn't really hurt at all, maybe a little twinge here and there. So the pain is slowly going away, thank goodness. In the very beginning was it was very painful, I would take a break, on feeding a day, and pump and give the baby a bottle. It helped with the pain quite a bit. The next feeding when she nursed wouldn't hurt near as bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes-it took almost a month before it didn't hurt anymore
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Mine were sore, and very painful because we had thrush a million times. When it goes away though, it was the best expeirence ever!!
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• you might want to see a lactation consultant at first because sometimes pain can mean the latch isn't good which can just get worse and worse. but a lactation consultant can help!

that being said, i didn't feel pain but it was very uncomfortable at first. like while i was nursing, it just felt so uncomfortable, but when not nursing my nipples felt fine.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2009