safe to change kitty litter?

My husband and I are ttc, we have an adorable 2 year old black cat. I primarily take care of her, is it safe to change the litter while ttc and how soon after conception should I pass the chore to him?

Tkelly3

Asked by Tkelly3 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Changing kitty litter is not safe at any point during pregnancy, including the 2+ weeks between conception and a positive HPT. If you are actively trying to get pregnant (and thus could be and just not know it yet), you should not be changing the litter.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I think it's ok until you get pregnant and then when you get pregnant it's not ok. GOOD LUCK!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 8:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I would go ahead and give the chore to him. Tell him that its not good when you are pregnant and you don't want to risk getting pregnant and changing the litter box. There is that time between conception and usually a missed period that one doesn't know they are pregnant for sure yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i would go ahead and stop now!
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 10:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009