i am nauseted allllll the time! everything makes me queasy. i am bout 6 weeks pregnant. dr visit isnt for another 2 weeks. any suggestions to calm this down. eating small meals every 2 hours doesnt work. everytime i eat or drink i feel sick. please some suggestions

kikiwal

Asked by kikiwal at 9:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When i was prego i kept a bag of wint-O-Green lifesavers with me at ALL times! They were a lifesaver! lol. Any time i started feeling like i was gonna get sick, i popped one in my mouth and they worked to keep my stomach calm. The only times during all three pregnancies that i got sick was before i could get to one of those mints, and when i was dehydrated and was throwing up no matter what i tried. Ended up in the hospital for the dehydration thing. Blah.
    Ali-Rippy

Answer by Ali-Rippy at 9:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If you can get it past your nose there is one cure. I'm not kidding, you know how the joke goes Pickles and ice cream? There is a scientific reason behind that. Ice Cream is cold and it's milk so it coats your stomach and would you believe that the reason you get queasy and the reason you get heart burn is from not enough acid in your system. I'm not kidding you, I wish I was. But if you can get it down Apple Cider Vinegar - just a shot glass full once in the morning and once at night will stop the quesys. You're thinking I'm crazy - I know. I told my DH the same thing. I even threw the shot glass at him. But I finally gave up and drank the crap and within minutes I was fine! Every single person I've ever told this too said I was crazy, then tried it when they couldn't take it any longer and it's worked for everyone of them.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• saltines or suck on peppermint or chocolate

Answer by admckenzie at 9:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i had to eat a popcicle every morning for the first three months, it really helped a lot. also a lemon slice in my water helped if i got sick during the day, it still does now that im in my 3rd trimester.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• preggie pops and drops saved me when I was preggers with number two, also drinking a super cold ensure by sipping on it very slowly helped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• with both my kids i threw up until the day i deliver them notting helped. except arizona gree tea oh and sometimes preggie drops. i had hypermis gravidum(sp) is like severe morning sickness i actullay lost weight and i was in and out of the hopsital cuz i was always dehydrated.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i kept almonds around constantly. it was the only thing that kept me from puking.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• preggie pop/drops. . . ginger and peppermint are also supposed to help as well as the SeaBand accupressure bands. . . skip fatty foods/dairy because those make your stomach worse.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i had alot of nausea aswell i found fruit or salads or anything really light helped calm my stomach and didnt make me feel sick afterwards, and for a full meal i found tacos helped alot because its light but fills u up so ur not starving all day hope it helps :)
    sharralee

Answer by sharralee at 5:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I am about 7wks and feel the same way!!!It stinks...it wasn't like this for my 1st child
    leaann24

Answer by leaann24 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2009