Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

girl or boy?!?

I just can't wait to find out the sex of my baby. I'm 17 weeks, well right at 18. I'm not schedualed 4 an ultrasound for another 3 1/2 weeks. How can I convince my dr to do an ultrasound sooner? I'm high risk, and I'm really wanting to see that the baby is ok.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (6)
  • good luck! i tried to convince my doctor but he's makign my wait till im 24 weeks, so we can be more sure of the sex, and that is scheduled for the 24th of this month! i can't wait!

    Answer by ClvDandJ at 9:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • seeing that your baby is okay and seeing the sex is two completely different things. if your baby wasnt okay, your dr would schedule an US earlier. You can TRY and convince your dr, but its really up to him/her. Every woman has had to wait to find out the sex of their baby, we've all done the time and you do too. sorry :(

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • Well... that's pretty much on the dot for the pregnancy ultrasound.
    I'm high risk as well, a lot of factors from my first pregnancy are making me higher. With that said, my doc explained that at 20 weeks is when he'll no longer consider me a "normal" patient, and he'll see me once every two weeks.
    I guess... you could ask to be seen right at 2 weeks - maybe voice some concerns to his nurse, and ask, if there's any way possible to pencil you in, or if there's a cancellation to call you ASAP - you want that spot. Other than that, it seems like he's doing pretty good.

    Good luck to you~! :]

    Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • I had to wait with BOTH my pregnancies, every woman does. They wont get you in just so you can know the sex of the baby, and the doctors around here make you wait longer if you bug them about it.

    Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • I had my ultrasound at 19 weeks with both of my pregnancies. You can ask for one on the basis that you are worried about the baby, but chances are they will tell you to wait, since you already have one set up (trust me, I tried SO hard to get a second one, because I wasn't satisfied with the way I was treated the first time) If you really want one early, try a 3d ultrasound place. you will have to pay out of pocket but the 2d ones they do there for gender determination are way cheaper. They reccomend that you wait until 27 weeks for 3d anyway.

    Answer by ccspiratemama at 9:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • You can find a imaging place and have one done earlier but you will have to pay right around 100 bucks, I did and found out my babys sex at 16 weeks, and they were right, I've had it confirmed twice and I paid 79 bucks. good luck, i know it is hard to wait , especially the last few weeks.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.