Flu shot??

Ok so a friend of mine told me today that when she went to the dr for one of her check-ups they made her get a flu shot and personally there NOT my style my fil had a real bad experiance with it and I'm not about to take any chances with my life to the life of my child since it would go into the babys system and what my fil has is hereditary and could cause the baby to be paralized so my question is can they force me to get a flu shot???

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 9:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• NO.
    You always have options. You can not be forced into any medical procedure you don't consent to.
    Maybe your friend thought it was mandatory~ but she may choose to decline.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• thank heavens I'm really not for putting my baby at risk and getting a flu shot would be a major risk
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Some people believe that it's the opposite~ this would be a good idea.
    If you're pregnant, it will be helpful to know that you always have the right to accept/decline as you wish.  
    Good luck!    :-)

Info about the laws: Enforcing and Promoting Women's Rights

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• if you aren't comfortable with it don't get it. I got a flu shot 4 days before I found out I was pregnant and was terrified the whole time that it hurt the baby ( just because I worried about everything!) Do what you are comfortable with. It isn't mandatory
    reava

Answer by reava at 10:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• They can't force you to do anything, just voice a very strong professional opinion to the point that they won't see you as a patient any more if you don't do what they want. But you always have a choice, and if they do something that extreme, you're better off finding a different doctor anyway.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Why would your Dr. force you to get a shot that would harm your unborn child?
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009