Flu shot (posted in pregnancy too)

Ok so a friend of mine told me today that when she went to the dr for one of her check-ups they made her get a flu shot and personally there NOT my style my fil had a real bad experiance with it and I'm not about to take any chances with my life to the life of my child since it would go into the babys system and what my fil has is hereditary and could cause the baby to be paralized so my question is can they force me to get a flu shot???

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 9:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Health

• no they cannot force you to get a flu shot. they arent going to pin you down and stab the needle in your arm. my dr gave me a referral and i just took the referal and didnt go. or if they want to do it there, tell them you do not want to get a flu shot they cant make you get it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• No the doctor might suggest a flu shot, but he/she can't force you to get one.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i got the flu shot when i was pregnant
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• your friend is either going to a really awful obgyn or shes lying. Nobody can force you to do anything about your own health esp. injecting you with something. They cant even make you have your babies vaccinated...although they can refuse to see your baby......I cant imagine a doctor saying you MUSt get the flu shot esp. when its one of those scary things for moms to be to think about getting with a baby growing in them.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i got the flu shot when i was pregnant, i had to or i could have lost my job.
    i was fine, so was dd.
    but no, they surely can't force you to have the shot.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 5:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My fil has Guillain-Barré syndrome which can be triggered by the flu shot thats what happened to him and left him handicapped your kids are fine which is great but the difference is mine has a huge risk factor
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2009