do you think congress will extend unemployment benefits after the last 7 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• *sigh*...first health care, now extending unemployment....what next??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i got my unemployment extended
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• after the last 7 weeks? my ends this month and i cant find work do u thing they will extend it in new york?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Extended Unemployment Benefits

• Up to 13 weeks of extended unemployment benefits, starting after the 26 weeks of standard benefits may be available to eligible unemployed workers during periods of high unemployment.

• Check with your State Unemployment Office for information on what benefits you are entitled to.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• anon 8:42pm...SIGH!!! Are you that dumb that you don't understand that there are NO jobs right now? That people with advanced degrees, have been at companies for 30 years are losing their jobs and there are no replacement jobs for them to go to? What are they supposed to do? Live on the streets, sell their bodies or move in with you?

OP: I really don't know if the government will extend benefits or not,but something needs to be done. I live in Wisconsin where the unemployment rate is in the double digits. I have not had fulltime work in almost 2 years, all I have been able to find is parttime work or temp jobs. My unempoyment ran out this time last year. I have been trying to survive on foodstamps, parttime wages and the little child support I get and it is not working. I went back to school in hopes that by the time I am done, the economy will be better.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• OP: I am wondering that too. I am on my 1st extension and I am a nervous wreck ! I have been applying and sending resumes to jobs that I have never done before. I am registered with about 7-8 job placement agencies. I have been networking on twitter, facebook, and linked in.

I have applied for cashier jobs, jobs that are 40miles away, and starting to apply for seasonal jobs.......If its a job, I apply for it.

In California, I believe with all the extensions totaled, its 59 weeks. I know there's Californians out there that are on their last extension. I am a nervous wreck about it.

From what I understand, I wouldn't qualify for food stamps because I live with my boyfriend. That's what I hear anyways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2009