What are the chances that I'm pregnant?

I'm a 19 year old woman in college. My boyfriend and I have been dating a year and have plans to get married, but we are not ready for children just yet. I want to finish college first. We've been having unprotected sex for the past six months; we've been using the pull-out method. I know that that method isn't safe, but please, I didn't come here for a lecture. I'm period has always been very regular; a 28 day cycle. However, last month when I got my period, it was two days late. I didn't think much of it, but now it's already September 12, three days later than my period should be. I've only been this late one other time, but that was when I was sexually inactive. Besides the late period, I've had a stuffy nose, a persistant headache, and constipation. I know, of course, that there is a possibility of me being pregnant, but what are the odds? I know I need to take a test to be sure, but do anyone know my chances?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are brave to post this! :) If you are having unprotected sex, the chanes of you being pregnant are pretty high. If your three days late, its time for a test.

But if you don't mind my asking, if your not ready for kids, why weren't you using birth control?
    emmas_mama07

Answer by emmas_mama07 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my Question for you is why are you on CAFEMOM?!?! you don't have kids, and your not tring to have children yet..so why did you join a MOM site?..
    anyways to answer your question, we use the pull and we are fine. Did you recently go off the pill. I went off 6 months ago and my periods have been messed up.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I say that if your worried... take a test. Trust me though babe the pull out method is not safe! I am 30 wks pregnant because I relied on the pull out method. Your 19 so you could be late for lots of reasons. Stress is a big cause of being late. just take a test to ease your wondering mind. If your not pregnant get on birth control. Take a breath... you will be ok
    AngieRae123

Answer by AngieRae123 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Withdrawal has about a 40% failure rate

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• this is from http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/withdrawal-pull-out-method-4218.htm

Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 4 will become pregnant each year if they always do it correctly.
    Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant each year if they don't always do it correctly.

good luck to you
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• well.. i used the pull out idea for a year and about 4 mounths ago i found out that im pregnant but im ok with that. i wanted another kid. a little later but its alright.... i really dont think anyone can tell you your chances. i think it would really matter how many times a day you are doing it . and you do know that pre-cum can get you pregnant as well right? well anyways.wait till a week after and if still no period. take a test. its sounds like you could be getting the preggo sickys. i got thos with my first it felt like i had the flu. i got it right away. but whoo knows you could just have a cold lol. well wait a week then take a test only way you will know..
    de_sly

Answer by de_sly at 10:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You had unprotected sex...the chances are good you are pregnant. The pull out method about the least effective from of birth control. As I have said many times, if you think you are pregnant, go get a test. We aren't HPT's, Dr's, or psychic ...we don't know.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Hey will admit I am not big on condoms or the pill. But you are in college and want to wait, I'd think of something to do till you and your b/f are ready. There are many different forms of b/c. Pull out is ineffective, I know. But I know the real thing feels so much better than a latex one. And the pill is tedious and annoying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• not ready for children

Then why have unprotected sex?
    You do know what happens right?
    Your chances are 50/50 just like everyone else.
    Get a test oh and some birth control
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• First of all people join sites like this even if they don't have children because there is a section for those who are TTC and don't have children, and they can get advice fast!! i think you just said that to be rude!! But as far as your question no one can answer it but that test if you haven't taken one already i would go ahead and do that, goodluck, if you have support you will be fine
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2009