how can i potty train my 2 year old

yumymommy

Asked by yumymommy at 5:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let's Talk Potty Training
    Potty training a 2 1/2 yr. old boy.... Our son will be 3 in April of this year. I tried potty training him, but obviously we are doing something. ...
    www.pampers.com/en_US/ltpt_storyHome.do
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• There's no training to it, they're not dogs. If the child isn't ready to potty learn, it's not going to happen. However, what I did was buy the little potty chair, and leave it where my children could inspect it, look at it, mess with it whenever they wanted. When my son started removing his diaper and trying to urinate on everything (18 months), I put a few cheerios in the bowl of the potty chair and told him to tinkle on the cheerios. He did, and I praised him immensely. He was thrilled, and we repeated this a few more times, then no cheerios were needed. He'd just go to his potty, then announce what he'd done, and we praised him for being such a big boy.

My daughter just all of a sudden yelled "Mommy, I need to pee! and ran for the little potty. I helped her get her pants down, she did her business, and 4 months later she is fully out of diapers.
    MommyLady

Answer by MommyLady at 7:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2008