silly question butttttt...

Did any of you ladies ever date a guy that just DID NOT seem like he would EVER marry you??

& when/if he did ask you to marry him; how'd he do it??

& how long were ya'll together before he did propose??

brookethomas

Asked by brookethomas at 10:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes I was with a guy for 6 years. thought we would never get married. I found out I was pregnant and he called his mom up to see if the priest would marry us after church. I was like wth. needless to say we were only married for 6 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I was with my ex for 7 years. We discussed marriage numerous times but never actually got married which was a very good thing. I found out after we broke up that he had cheated on me and realized our relationship was based on lies.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Ooh girl! My husband and I were together for 10 years before he proposed. I honestly didn't think he was ever going to because his ex-wife was such a nut job! After a few years and making it through some rough times together, I decided that marriage wasn't that big of a deal. He came home to me every night because he wanted to, not because he had to. I was very comfortable with our life and then BOOM! Valentine's day 2006 he proposed. The following September we got married and our then 7 year old daughter was our flower girl. I honestly believe that if it's meant to be it will happen. It just may not be when you want it to :P
    bracketrat

Answer by bracketrat at 10:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes, my fiance (haha) NEVER seemed the marrying type to me and all of a sudden one day, out of the blue, we went out for dinner and he asked me!! I was TOTALLY floored, but I obviously said yes! We'd been "officially" dating for 2 years but "seeing eachother" for closer to 3
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I was with a guy for a year and a half. He made statements about wanting to marry me. But after a while things changed. And when i asked him if he saw me in his future, i couldn't get an answer. So i cut him loose. I didn't wanna waist any more time on someone who couldn't make up his damn mind! lol. Good thing i did. I saw him at the local fair last weekend, and he is a total bum! lol. He had a kid with some girl, but i'm worried he thinks of the baby like a puppy. After seeing him i was glad i made the decision i did! lol
    Ali-Rippy

Answer by Ali-Rippy at 11:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• yes.. I was with him for 6 years before he asked me, and then we ended up having a baby, and he ended up going crazy, and I'm dealing with a lot of crap because of it through the courts. I wasted 7 years on that jerk..

I do have my DD to be thankful for. But otherwise, it was a waste.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yup---took me nearly 4 years for my hubby to want to give up his batcholorhood!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2009