is it selfish to want a baby in this economy?

I am really wanting another baby to compleat our family. my clock is ticking verry fast and loud. I don't know if I should. the economy stinks.
I'm not working or should I say not getting paid. I own a small quilt shop.I am trying to keep open. times are slow. my husbans work is also slow, & he workes on commission . are we beeing selfish to wanting another? we have 2girls & 1 boy ages 10,8, 3 . what do you think ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I am also trying to conceive! Good luck!
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 10:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You can't put your life on hold every time our country goes through a recession. Just like other recessions, it will pass. Things will get better. But your body will get older...your eggs will get older...if you both want another child, then don't like our country's financial situation stop you. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I think if you want another child. Then go for it! We had another child when we couldn't really afford it. But we have made it work. And without having to get on any Gov assistance. Not that there is anything wrong with it. But honestly we don't qualify because we make too much. But at the same time we don't make enough for bills and junk. Really sucks. lol. I want another baby. Some days anyway. lol. But hubby is worried about our finances right now. And i don't blame him. But i wanna have my kids close together and soon so that i'm still young enough to enjoy life after the kids leave for college or whatever they decided to do. Best of luck to you!
    Ali-Rippy

Answer by Ali-Rippy at 11:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If you can support an addition, then go for it! Assuming you still have all the big baby stuff from your youngest, all you'd have to buy at first are diapers and formula if you plan to bottle-feed, and WIC can help with that and has relatively high income standards. And if you'd need to get more baby stuff, there are always second-hand shops and yard sales. Besides, if you wait until the "right time", you'll be waiting forever. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Anonymous said it!!!
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 7:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i think people with 5 or more children are the ones causing over population, but i think your fine i mean 2o chillins is way way to freakin much come one people you cant share your love with your child if you have 20!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2009