my baby is 10 months he has 7 teeths already and he doesnt want to chew food.

he can chew but he decides not to he will take the food from his mouth if its not blended... and he has 7 teeth already

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• then dont make him. hes not ready
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My dd is 16 months on Tuesday and she still doesn't like to chew much. She can choke on a goldfish cracker if she's not paying attention. Just keep at it. They won't chew with teeth for a long time, anyway. Mine barely has bits of molars peeking out, so any chewing is done with the gums anyway.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My son wouldn't eat table foods that had to be chewed until after he was a year old. He had all his teeth except his molars, he just didn't want to chew food; I think he felt like it would infringe on his play time to have to sit in the high chair and chew his food instead of just swallowing the yogurt or pureed baby food. But teeth don't matter when they're that young; besides, the molars they would chew with normally haven't come in that early yet, so they'd only be "chewing" with their gums anyway.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2009