winter jacket and Internet

I just seen this posting about someone giving away winter jacket for kids. I seen so many people on here needed a jacket for their kids. Why do people have computer and internet but they can not afford coats for their kids. sell your computer and buy them jacket.
Please someone tell me that people are putting a computer before their kids need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• oh shut the hell up already.. people say this shit all the time... its gettin old and annoying.. but u want to know something?? IM ON A FRIENDS COMPUTER OR I GET ON MY DADS ITS NOT MINE SO MIND UR OWN DAMN BIZ BC U DONT KNOW SO STOP ASSUMING PPL PAY FOR IT ALL THE TIME>
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• 1st poster: why so defensive?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Because some people are ignorant as hell and fail to realize there are other ways to access the internet than just paying for internet service.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Well, some people decide to get the internet usually for their kids' education, last year we were asked several times to "go on the internet" for pictures of things, or to gain information. I don't get a newspaper, or magazines because it's too expensive and there's extra things we have to throw away. We decided to get the internet instead of many different magazines that would cost more in the long run. Not to mention, we needed a computer eventually so my kid could type up reports and essays much needed for school in the privacy of our home. The library only has a hour limit on the web, and computer, and u have to pay for every sheet of paper u print.
    As far as winter coats, and school clothes go, I have plenty I want to give away because they do not fit my son. They are sizes 5-7. I also have some shoes and 2 backpacks with some school supplies in them, like new (school supplies ARE new). Message me if ur interested.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• im tired of people saying crap like this! it gets annoying and upsetting. it seems like ppl with money dont think us ppl w/o much money should enjoy lil things like internet, or goin out to eat once in a while etc.. There are just other ways we can get on computer besides us owning one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• The internet can be accessed for free at many places, friend or families homes, the public library, etc. Also it is an important tool for job searching (my hubby's job is to help people with disabilities to find jobs and he uses it all the time for that), and for educational purposes (on line schools, research for kids homework). There are many low cost ways to have internet access, but a good winter coat (and I live in Canada so I know good from bad) is not cheap. There are Coats for Kids programs and I'd suggest them, but a good winter coat, plus snow pants, boots, mitts, touque, scarf ... it adds up, and it is very important to have them.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Did it ever occur to you that the internet may be a source of income for someone? I work online from home which allows me to homeschol my girls. there have been times where ends just don't meet. At least they put their pride aside long enough to admit they need a little help. Unfortunately it's people like you that keep people in need from asking for a hand up because of your attitude and prejudices. I hope you realize not everyone's life is as perfect at yours.
    aavinleilazora

Answer by aavinleilazora at 12:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Hey, I'm kinda with the OP and kinda not. You really shouldn't judge but I have known those who pay the sattelite bill before they buy groceries and that to me is weird.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:40 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• ohh the killer section.... kids need so much! but why lay down and have a kid and not spend what needs to be spent.. if you want a computer that is for personal purposes and or work.. but stop saying kids get stuff last.. some people are all about money and some are all about lust! kids come first and than items... and moving onnnnnnn!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2009