So how can we fix it?

It's easy to complain about the problems. But does anyone have solutions (wha'ts your problem and what's the solution)?

My thought is to figure out a way to get those making waaaaaaaaaaaay too much money to take pay cuts so that many can be reinvested to the lower paid by means of wage increases. But like so many ideas, it's only an end thought. I don't know how we'd acheive the goal, much less get over the greed factor. I think that's the biggest problem with most of the issues today. We know what we need to get to, we just don't know how to get there and definately don't know how to get everyone on board with it.

So do you gals have an good ideas about possible solutions. Who knows, maybe some combination of ideas could have a big impact.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So once again, someone asks a question as to what you would propose be done to solve a problem, and instead of suggesting a *real* solution, the discussion immediately goes to whining about socialism, etc. Instead of simply attacking an idea why can't you offer an alternative? So you disagree with the OP---fine, but do you have a plan?! Of course, maybe you're just following the example of the GOP leadership.
    shesajar

Answer by shesajar at 12:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I'm not a deadbeat and am in the upper % of earners, but I do not think anyone needs to make 32 million/year- NO ONE- especially a pharm Co CEO-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We ALREADY have enough redistribution of income.

Too many people who do way too little trying to make others pay for them cradle to grave and people are sick of it!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm all for ending the loopholes that allow ppl who make mega incomes to pay taxes on a miniscule amount of the money they earn. I'm tired of special interest groups garnering favors. I'm sick to death of the Enrons of this country and the ppl who run them. Those things anger me far more than those in need using PA and redistributing wealth. You're concerned with pennies-I'm concerned with the million dollar frauds.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Let's say you are lucky enough to win 30 million in a lottery. I guess you'd be OK with having half your winnings taken away in taxes?
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Thanks Grace you said everything I wanted to.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 11:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Choc- Yep. Just like when my husband earns a nice bonus, a minimum oif 40% goes right off the top to taxes.

What's the alternative, a mass revolt?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Who gets to determine how much is "waaaaaaaaaaaay too much money "?

Perhaps there should be a czar for that too. Oh, wait, there already is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree that these big corporate CEOs make way too much money and they are greedy, but if we start redistributing wealth then we may as well be communists. No, it's not right that the average American is making less than $15 an hour which makes it very hard to live in this country, but I guarantee those CEOs will cut everyone else's pay ( and jobs) if theirs goes down. Is it wrong that these big wigs get such a ridiculous amount of money? of course. But it will only cause a trickle down effect if they don't get theirs.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My thought is to figure out a way to get those making waaaaaaaaaaaay too much money to take pay cuts so that many can be reinvested to the lower paid by means of wage increases.

Then how would they pay to keep employees?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009