mucus plug??

I was curious about what your mucus plug looks like exactly.....Also wanted to know if there is any correlation between how much youre dilated and when yu lose your plug.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Kind of like a giant snot loogey.
    ;- /
    And no, it isn't really relevant to dilating necessarily.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I lsot my plug between 3 and 4 centimeters. It looks REALLY gross. Its looked to my like a huge ball of greenish bloody snot. You will know it when you see it. my slid down my leg! YUCK! My friend went pee and wiped and there it was. I believe she told me she lost hers at 2 centimeters.
    RoRoMommy

Answer by RoRoMommy at 11:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I never lost my mucus plug...at least that I know of.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I lost mine 3 weeks before I actually went into labor so I believe theres no coralation with how much your dialated. I was half a centimenter dialated and you will notice. Its really slimy and mine was kind of redish brown but mine didn;t come out all at once.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• OP.So Ithink I mayhave lost mine, it did look snotty but it was clear and kind of thin and had a sweet smell to it. Also it just keeps on coming out.. ive had it coming out for the past two days....i feel like my vagina has a cold lol!!! I am 37 weeks and 3 cm....is this stillnormal?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It looks like a big wad of snot, about the size of two large cotton balls. Mine came out in a couple of small pieces, followed by a large one. It can be yellow, brown, blood tinged or not. I felt the large chunk come out (like a big period clot), and when I went to wipe, sure enough, it was there. Pieces are surely normal. Clear and thin and sweet smelling sounds more like discharge, which increases a lot toward the end. So much so, in fact, that I actually had a trip to L&D thinking my water had broken!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2009