The rash and the smell any one have this problem?

Okay my son is 6 months old, i fed him the normal one veggie and one fruit with nothing diffrent he's been exposed to all of the fruits and veggies before. Also something important before i get into the problem is that my sister in law told me that my nephew whom is 23 has shingles, and was around my son on monday. I know it is a possibility he can get them. Back to the problem, after my son ate i gave him a bath and got him dressed etc... he played on the floor for a while on his blankie, and then i noticed a rash on his head, it's all over his head, and a few little bumps under his arms and under his chin, but the bumps under his chin are usually there because of his dry skin that he has. So, his head has a rash all over it and he stinks! I just gave him a bath didn't do anything diffrently, i've smelled everything in the house and the odor keeps leading back to him, his diaper isn't dirty either, Idk what's going on help??

Bluesdawg02

Asked by Bluesdawg02 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, that is too weird, I would call the Dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• take him to the ER
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 11:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Called the doctor, i think she thinks i'm crazy! I answered every question in the book and she told me to give him 1/4 tsp of benedryl tommrow if it doesn't clear up. Then follow up with my doctor on monday, my doctor is linked to about 6 ped doctors. Does this sound rite to you gals?
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• He stinks? Um.. That is WEIRD. Try giving him another bath and if that doesn't work and you're truly concerned take him to the er
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Could be yeast
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:27 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• DO NOT take him to the ER. That is ludicris. People jump to "take him to the ER" when a simple phone call to the DR is all you need usually. It does sound like yeast, or maybe milia. Are the bumps red or are they like whiteheads? Are they big bumps or are they tiny pinpoint bumps?
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2009